Movies have a wonderful ability to take us to fascinating places, elicit a wide spectrum of emotions, and, more often than not, teach us significant life lessons. Movies are a form of storytelling, and with the correct message, they can serve as a beacon of hope and self-discovery. They can teach you valuable life lessons. Movies not only entertain us but also inspire us.
In this blog, we will embark on a cinematic journey to explore the profound wisdom and insights that some of our favorite movies convey, showing us that the impact of filmmaking extends well beyond ordinary enjoyment. These are a few of our all-time favorites and are divided into two sections: Hollywood movies and Animated movies.
1. The Karate Kid:
‘The Karate Kid’ is a movie with many underlying lessons to learn. There were a few that stood out to us and we’ll be talking about two of them.
- Life will knock you down many times but it is your choice whether or not you want to stand back up. Life is unpredictable and full of ups and downs, it is our choice if we want to learn from them and grow or if we want to keep holding on and be stuck in a rut forever.
- There are no bad students, just bad teachers. We are born with a clean slate. Whatever we learn is from the people we surround ourselves with and learn from. We can learn anything as long as we learn it from the right person.
2. Eat, Pray, Love:
‘Eat, Pray, Love’ is another movie that we fell in love with. The entire movie had a lot to teach about finding balance in life and rediscovering yourself.
- ‘Dolce far niente’ simply translates to ‘the sweetness of doing nothing.’ Italians believe that there’s a sweetness in doing nothing and just relaxing. We are always rushing around, busy with work that we forget to relax and enjoy doing nothing. It is important to take a moment to yourself and calm down.
‘Ruin is a gift, ruin is the road to transformation.’ Humans believe that once we are hurt and broken, there is no more to our lives. However, that’s not true. There’s beauty in the ruin. You learn from it and rebuild yourself to be a stronger, better version of yourself. Just like Rome did.
3. The Pursuit of Happyness:
‘The Pursuit of Happyness’ is a movie about dreams, grit, and perseverance.
- Protect your dreams. The movie teaches us to follow our dreams and pursue them relentlessly. No matter the circumstances, if you want to achieve something, give it your all. Don’t let others tell you, you can’t do something. Protect your dreams and work on them.
Pursue happiness. It teaches you to pursue happiness and things that make you happy. If you work on things that make you happy, nothing can ever deter you. You will achieve anything you want.
1. Cars 2:
As a kid, we loved watching Cars. Being an animated movie, it still taught us a lot of things.
- Believe in yourself. You have to be confident in yourself. If you believe in yourself, others would as well. You don’t have to be afraid to be yourself. People who understand you will accept you.
- Relationships are more important than fame and success. What makes us a better person is the people around us. The road to success is often quite lonely. Remember to protect your relationships and hold your loved ones close. People remember you for you were as a human and not your fame.
2. The Lion King:
The Lion King is another one of those classics you cannot forget when talking about films with life lessons.
- Learn from your past. We as humans always dwell on our past, letting it haunt us. However, our past does not define us and we cannot let it affect us. We can learn from it and grow. Let go of it and let yourself heal. It is our choice if we want to run from our past or learn from it.
- Keep evolving. Change is a constant and as much as we like everything to stay the same, it’s not possible. You have to adapt to changes if you want to survive. Only by adapting and evolving continuously can we create a better life for ourselves.
3. The Kung Fu Panda:
‘Kung Fu Panda’ is another movie franchise that talks about growth and confidence.
- Challenge yourself. If you want to be successful, you have to challenge yourself constantly. If you do not challenge yourself, you will never be more than you are right now. We learn a lot about ourselves and who we are when we challenge ourselves and push our limits. There is nothing a human mind cannot achieve. We just have to keep going and believe in ourselves.
- Do not be egotistical. Having an ego is the road to your downfall. Just because you are better than someone, does not mean you are the best. To become a great person, you have to learn the art of humility. Have the correct mindset for growth and you will achieve great things in your life.
These were just a few movies that touched our hearts. The characters we’ve encountered and the stories we’ve heard have inspired us to be more compassionate, resilient, and perceptive in our own lives and we wanted to share them with you.
So, the next time you find yourself in front of a screen, remember that the story unfolding before you could potentially contain the key to a greater knowledge of humanity. Let us know about your favorite movies that you learned a lot from and share your thoughts with us if you’ve watched any of these in the comments below.